Scouting Waterloo Region takes safety very seriously. We have operated in-person programs since July 2020, except during lockdowns, when we have online programs instead. All programs operate under the Ontario Ministry of Health guidance for camps for children. Our safety measures include the following:
- Programs take place entirely outdoors where transmission of COVID-19 is much less likely.
- We keep 2 meter distancing between people. If anyone requires first aid or other assistance that cannot be done from 2 meters away, the adult leader and child will wear a mask.
- We minimize the sharing of items and practise hand hygiene.
- Parents must screen their child for COVID-19 symptoms prior to the event. No one may attend if they have symptoms or close contact with COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Please use the school screening tool.
- Everyone must bring their own water bottle, face mask, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and other supplies. There is no sharing of food or other personal items.
- If anyone starts to show symptoms during the camp, they will be isolated from everyone else and we will contact parents who must pick them up straight away.
- If a child gets COVID-19 within 14 days of a Scouting event, the parents are to inform us. We are required to inform Public Health. We will inform parents of event participants that someone at the event has COVID-19 (no names will be given out).
- There is no carpooling to or from the event.
- Everyone is encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccination as soon as you can.